One finally disappears, and ten more appear. Trying to eradicate them is almost useless and sometimes reminiscent of a desperate fight with windmills. Blackheads suddenly appear during adolescence, but they can also appear from PMS or when you are too stressed. Is this your case too? We will advise you on how to fight against the black dots and successfully overcome them.
Why does a black dot actually appear on the skin?
Blackheads form when the pores produce an excessive amount of sebum, which sooner or later clogs them.
The mixture of sebum and dead skin cells that accumulates in the pore then oxidizes and turns black when in contact with air.
The most common are black dots on the nose, but in addition to the dreaded “T” zone and other parts of the face, they can also appear on the neck, cleavage, shoulders and back.
How to get rid of blackheads at home
Wondering how to get blackheads without having to visit a beautician or dermatologist? When you combine high-quality blackhead products with the right technique, you will get soft and smooth skin without a single flaw!
Be tender. You will definitely not be able to remove blackheads by drying your skin with alcohol gels and foams. However, you won’t spoil anything by using a gentle exfoliating cleansing foam with Holika Holika Good Cera ceramides, which regulates sebum production.
Tone. Choose a tonic that contains salicylic acid or glycolic acid, for example Paula’s Choice Exfoliate. Do you want more? Try replacing it with the exfoliating essence Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid one to three times a week.
Hydrate. Skin with a tendency to blackheads is usually dehydrated, so it is necessary to regularly replenish its water supply. In addition to drinking eight glasses a day, you can hydrate it with Vichy Normaderm Phytosolution blackhead cream. It corrects the visibility of comedones, regulates sebum production and can also be used as a base for make-up.
Peeling. It has been known for years that blackheads are not a sign of poor hygiene. Therefore, do not rub your skin with harsh peelings, it would only worsen its condition. Try L’Oréal Paris Smooth Sugars Scrub with kiwi seeds or InstaNatural Brightening Scrub.
Don’t be afraid of masks. Once a week is the time to mask on blackheads with clay or activated carbon. In our opinion, the ideal solution is the Garnier Pure Active black dot mask, which you can also use as a cleansing gel and peeling. In addition to activated black coal, it also contains blueberry extract and salicylic acid.
Protect yourself. If you use products containing AHA or BHA acids, you cannot do without sunscreen with a protection factor of 50+. This is because acids reduce the skin’s natural protection against harmful UV radiation, which makes it more susceptible to pigment spots.
How to get rid of blackheads naturally
Don’t like synthetic cosmetics? Turn with black dots the natural way.
- First use your favorite makeup lotion or hydrophilic oil and cleanse the skin of makeup and impurities.
- Wash face with natural cleansing lotion, gel or foam.
- Toner your skin with BIO flower water (chamomile, lavender or pink) of the highest quality.
- Apply aloe vera, tea tree or thyme cream on the skin. You can replace the cream with pure rosehip oil.
- Use a mask with clay or activated carbon once a week.
What doesn’t help with black dots
- Cleaning tapes. It does not solve the cause of the blackheads and only removes the upper part of the comedone. In addition, they can dry out your skin because it deprives it of natural sebum and hairs that keep moisture in the skin.
- Steam. The moisture and heat that affects your face during steaming will only help the blackheads to spread to other parts of the face.
- Hydrogen peroxide. You may have discussed the topic of “how to remove blackheads” with a friend, and she recommended the application of hydrogen peroxide. But the skin dries out a lot, your skin literally panics and starts producing even more sebum than before.
- Benzoyl peroxide ointments. Benzoyl peroxide is very effective in fighting acne, but you only need it if you are experiencing inflammatory cystic acne. It destroys its cause – bacteria. Therefore, the blackheads, which do not cause bacteria, but hormones or excessive sebum production, does not work.
The most common mistakes that blackheads love
- Bad Make-up removal. Do you sometimes go to bed with a layer of makeup? You can be sure that your pores will clog overnight. Even if your makeup has a non-comedogenic composition.
Correct procedure: Before going to bed, remove make-up from the face, continue with cleansing gel or foam, use tonic, serum and finally moisturizer. Do the same in the morning.
- Change sheets. How often do you change the sheets? If you still can’t get rid of the blackheads after the most thorough care, maybe your bed is to blame.
Correct procedure: Change the sheets once or twice a week.
- You often change products. If you have skin with a tendency to blackheads, chaotic testing of new products will definitely not benefit her.
Correct procedure: With each change of care, wait at least 12 weeks for the effects to take full effect. Only then replace it with another one.
- You forget about the shower. Do you work out in the gym and shower at home? Be careful that sweat clogs the pores after drying. You can also have black dots on your shoulders or neck.
Correct procedure: Jump into the shower right after exercise. Ideally before the sweat dries.
- You are using an unsuitable cleaning brush. Skin cleansing brushes are becoming more and more popular, but they often irritate rough skin and worsen rather than improve the condition of blackheads.
The right procedure: You will need a sonic brush, which does not irritate the skin.
- You squeeze the dots at home. You can cause scars and other minor injuries when extracting comedones, while the blackheads remain intact.
Correct procedure: It is better to leave this procedure to professionals.
What guaranteed black dot remover do you use and which tricks saved you from them? Tell us what tricks you can’t afford!