Fruits, vegetables and dairy products contain many beneficial substances, so we should not exclude them from the diet. But what about the leftovers? Use them for natural masks and add a few other ingredients that you have at home.
Cosmetic products contain more and more natural ingredients – vegetable, fruit and herbal extracts. This is not just a current trend, but an effort to replace unhealthy (and sometimes harmful) substances used in cosmetic products with natural vitamins and minerals.
Beta-carotene cosmetics, for example, can be found very often. It is obtained from carrots, which are rich in vitamins A and D and also contain zinc and iron.
At home, they taught us from an early age not to waste food, so why not use it to the last left?
When preparing a cucumber salad, place the peels and two rounds of cucumber on your face mask.
Are you preparing baked broccoli for lunch? Put one rose away.
What to do with the rest of the banana that your child did not eat? Crush it and create a face mask!
Working with nature is very easy. It provides us with all possible vitamins and minerals, so there is no need to spend on expensive cosmetic products that nourish the skin.
All you need to do is know what foods to combine to create a truly nourishing skin or hair treatment.
The facial skin is exposed to weather and urban smog every day, as well as stress. It is the only part of the body that cannot be sufficiently covered, so it needs to be protected differently. Nourishing creams will help, the mask will benefit the skin once a week.
Cucumbers are a strong diuretic, so they are great for diets because they can drain excess water from the body. They have soothing effects on the skin. Cucumbers are often used on swollen and tired eyes. In addition, the skin is beautifully radiant after this green mask.
- You can create a quick mask even without preparation: place the cucumber peels on your face and let them work for a while. You can place cut wheels on your eyes.
- If you are bothered by dry skin, grate the cucumber and mix it with sour cream or cottage cheese.
- A mask of cucumber and egg whites will benefit more mature and tired skin. Use grated cucumber and whipped egg whites. Dehydrate the vegetables and mix them into the egg whites. Apply to skin and leave on for 20 minutes.
This popular fruit is a superfood, which means it is loaded with nutrients. Contains vitamin B6 and B12, E, C and carotene. Banana nourishes the skin and removes fine wrinkles, it is also suitable for sensitive skin.
The banana can be mixed with many ingredients, making it easy to get different types of masks.
- You can combine it with coconut oil, which contains lauric acid. It will take care of the destruction of bacteria that cause acne. Vitamins E and C contained in this oil nourish the skin and stimulate collagen production, which makes your skin soft and supple.
- Or mash the banana in a bowl and add the honey and cottage cheese. You can also enrich the mask with ground or whole oatmeal.
- To lighten the skin, you can use a banana with lemon juice, you can also add egg yolk, which thanks to vitamin B3 promotes blood circulation to the skin, zinc has positive effects on immunity.
After the banana-egg treatment, your skin will be brightened and full of nutrients. Coconut oil and banana hydrate the skin.
This red food is a great helper in cleansing the skin. Although tomatoes may seem acidic in nature, they help tighten pores and counteract rashes. Tomatoes contain many vitamins: A, B6, C, E and K, as well as zinc and salicylic acid.
They effectively help reduce pores, regenerate the skin and also have antioxidant effects. It brightens the skin beautifully, relieves fatigue and actively fights inflammation.
- Tomato does not need to be mixed with anything. Just crush it with a fork and apply on the face. After 20 minutes, simply rinse the mask.
- You can also cut the tomato into wheels and rub the skin on your face. The juice they contain tightens the pores and helps prevent redness and skin irritation.
- You can mix the tomato with ground oatmeal to smooth the skin and give it a youthful look.
Oatmeal can effectively clean pores: crush them, add a little water and create a thick porridge. Apply on face and leave on. Then rinse your face gently. Thanks to the flakes, your skin will be soft and fresh.
Dry, greasy, brittle, weak or rough and stubborn – these are all problems that can bother your hair. However, there is a solution for each of them. You can support your regular care with home masks that nourish your hair and leave it soft and healthy.
Avocado mask for dry hair
This mask is one of the most popular because it contains many nutrients and leaves beautiful and shiny hair. Avocado has been very popular lately because it can be used in many ways.
It contains vitamins A, B1, B5, B6, B9, C, E, K1 as well as magnesium, manganese and folic acid. It is simply loaded with nutrients and is also low in calories – it does not contain cholesterol or sodium; on the contrary, it even contains twice as much potassium as a banana.
The avocado mask is suitable for dry, damaged or colored hair. No matter how weak your hair is, this mask will give them the strength they need. Avocado moisturizes, smoothes hair and leaves it shiny.
- Mash it with a fork, mix with a teaspoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of honey. Apply the mixture on damp hair and let it work, then rinse well.
Egg mask for oily hair
Eggs are a rich source of vitamins, they are very healthy and beneficial to the body. They contain calcium, iodine, folic acid, selenium, iron, zinc and phosphorus. They are rich in vitamins A and B12 and sulfur, which supports hair and nail growth. Thanks to the egg mask, the hair is nourished, especially because the eggs support the production of keratin.
Egg cure is suitable for all hair types. For normal hair you can use the whole egg, for oily hair use only whites. The yolk itself can be applied to dry and brittle hair.
- You create a mask for oily hair by whipping the whites or just applying them. Coconut or olive oil can be added to nourish the hair. If you have a lot of greasy hair, you can skip the oil.
Always rinse eggs from hair with lukewarm or cold water. Using warm water could cause egg protein to clot and wash poorly.
Honey mask for shiny hair
Honey is a universal food that can be used not only for cooking, but also for beautifying the body.
This liquid gold can be used for hand hydration, for revitalizing and smoothing the skin and as a hair mask. It can also be added as an ingredient to any mask that aims to nourish. You can mix a small cocktail, which will make your hair soft and radiant.
- Try a mask made of honey and white yogurt, or create your own hair lotion: mix honey with milk and apply this mixture to the hair. Leave on for a few minutes and rinse. The hair will remain soft, smooth and shiny.
For the whole body
Fruits, vegetables and dairy products can also be used to treat the body. Did you know that cottage cheese can be used for sunburn? It can soothe the skin and get rid of redness.
Do you throw away tea bags? Green tea is full of antioxidants and benefits the body both inside and out. Do not throw away the infused bags – place them on the swollen dark circles under the eyes. Let it work for a few minutes and the voilà circles are gone!
For a bright smile
Put away your home set for teeth whitening and get rid of abrasive chemicals for a while. Try natural methods for brightening a smile. The visible result requires a repeat treatment and it will take a while for it to show, but your teeth will not be destroyed by chemicals.
- Mash strawberries with a soda meal – strawberries contain tiny seeds that, like soda, have an abrasive effect.
- Strawberries with lemon – if you are bothered by the grain structure of soda, you can exchange it for lemon juice.
- Gargle salt water – stays by the sea result not only in tan, but also in teeth whitening. Salt water is to blame.
What is it all about? It’s about coconut oil. It is cold pressed so it retains all the nutrients. It contains vitamins A, C and E, is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for the body.
You can use it for cooking, it is great for diets and weight loss. It is rich in antioxidants that protect the immune system and rid the body of harmful substances.
Coconut oil can be added to the dough, it is suitable for wiping the plate and you can also use it to prepare salty dishes, because it does not burn. It can also be used as a cosmetic product.
Tips on how to use coconut oil
- Teeth whitening – this alternative is very gentle compared to chemical whitening. Apply coconut oil to the brush and gently massage the teeth with it. The oil cleanses them of plaque and helps with whitening. It also helps fight gingivitis.
- Body balm – coconut oil is quickly absorbed, so it is great as a body, hand and face balm. Apply a small layer on the skin and massage in. The oil leaves the skin soft, smooth and nourished. Plus, it smells beautiful.
- Natural make-up remover – this universal helper can also handle durable make-up. It works like a natural balm and does not cause irritation.
- Hair treatment – if you want to have nourished and smooth hair, apply a small amount of coconut oil. Use it on the ends or rub into the lengths, or gently massage into the scalp and let it work. Then wash your hair as usual.
- For massages – coconut oil is also an ideal preparation for massages. It is non-irritating, so it can also be used on sensitive skin.
- Nourishing wraps – apply coconut oil to the feet and put on socks. Leave on overnight. In the morning, your feet will be velvety soft. Similar care can be given to dry and tired hands.